Sunday Discussion Guide
At-Home Conversation Starters
Series: Tis the Season
Topic: To Let Go of the Offense
Speaker: Scotty Priest, Lead Pastor
Date: December 4, 2022
Overview: In this message, Scotty discussed the importance of forgiveness. We have all experienced offenses and hurts, caused by those around us. A natural tendency seems to be to want to cling to those offenses and hold them against the person, or people, that have hurt us. But who does unforgiveness actually affect? All through Scripture, we see countless times where God offers forgiveness to people who were undeserving of it. The truth is, He has also offered forgiveness to you when you were undeserving of it as well. When we focus on the forgiveness that Christ has offered us, we become free to forgive others and become free from the weight of unforgiveness.
- What is forgiveness and what is it not? Who is forgiveness ultimately for?
- Why does Jesus want us to forgive other people?
- When we hold onto unforgiveness, what ends up happening to us and to our heart?
- How can focusing on Jesus’ forgiveness for you help you forgive others?
- Who do you need to forgive?