Series: Uncharted — Part 3
Speaker: Scotty Priest, Lead Pastor
Date: September 24, 2023
Read Numbers 13 and 14 in its entirety.
The Lord said to Moses, “Send some men to explore the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the Israelites. From each ancestral tribe send one of its leaders.”
1. The spies were sent out to assess the land because the Israelites hesitated to take the land that God had promised them. Going where God has called us does not necessarily mean we will not face fear or doubt. Have you ever hesitated to move forward because you wanted more assurance of what was ahead? Or have you had others drive negativity, discouraging you from making a decision?
2. Look at Numbers 13 & 14 from the perspective of God, Moses, the spies and the Isrealites. What characteristics do you see? For example, do you see God as compassionate, angry, desiring His people to trust Him. How do the characteristics of each impact how you might approach uncharted territory?
Early the next morning they set out for the highest point in the hill country, saying, “Now we are ready to go up to the land the Lord promised. Surely we have sinned!”.
But Moses said, “Why are you disobeying the Lord’s command? This will not succeed! Do not go up, because the Lord is not with you.
3. God wants us to risk with Him, not settle and continue to take ground through trusting in Him. Which of the five action points from the sermon resonates with you and why?
- We’ll never feel 100% sure.
- There will always be doubters.
- Crisis of Comfort
- There is no finish line.
- Keep risking