The purpose of this role is to support the mission of Journey Church through excellent and effective care of our special needs children and mentoring of our Buddies paired with those children.
- Oversees the recruitment, screening, and scheduling of Buddies.
- Communicates and collaborates with families in the program to schedule Buddies for their children each month.
- Schedules Buddies for kids attending special events (outside of Sundays).
- Provides ongoing guidance, training and encouragement for Buddies.
- Oversees needed equipment and supplies for the special needs kids.
- Oversees the special needs leadership committee, and works with parents and buddies to brainstorm, grow, and lead the ministry.