Journey Church has summer intern positions available for high school age students, college, and young adults who desire to serve Jesus Christ through working in church-based ministry. The summer interns work in partnership with the Journey Ministry Team and under the direct supervision of their specific ministry area Pastor or Director. Some of these have potential to be paid opportunities.
This is a great opportunity to participate in the lives of people by building relationships, mentoring, nurturing them in their faith and facilitating discipleship programs. Interns will have the opportunity to contribute and develop leadership skills by designing, implementing and evaluating programs such as Bible study, Vacation Bible School, weekly small groups, worship services, church administration, etc., in addition to a wide variety of church ministry areas. This hands-on approach to ministry offers college-aged young adults a summer to explore a call to ministry.
Interns will also participate in the life of the Ministry Team of Journey Church and learn ‘generalist’ skills for church ministry. Additionally, they will be included in weekly Ministry Team meetings and by working in conjunction with other all ministry team members at the church.
To apply for an internship, please complete and submit the following application below.
Potential areas of ministry service:
- Children’s Ministry Intern: Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of children’s activities & programming at Journey Church: Sunday mornings, Vacation Bible School, Kid Blast, pre-school activity days, elementary day trips and activities, and prayer ministry for and with children and leaders.
- Student Ministry Intern: Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of youth activities at Journey Church: Sunday mornings, the Middle School and High School groups, fellowship events, service activities, weekly Bible studies, discipleship, and prayer ministry for and with students.
- Worship Ministry Intern: Assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Worship ministry activities at Journey Church: including Sunday mornings, nights of prayer and worship, team rehearsals and preparation, etc.
- Tech Ministry Intern: Assist in the operation, set up, design, of “all things tech” at Journey Church: including Sunday services lights, soundboard, screens and slides, graphic design, computers, and video, etc.
- IT, Social Media, and Computers, Intern: Assist with social media and video, as well as opportunities to get hands on training in managing Journey’s IT infrastructure.
- Grounds Keeping & Facility Maintenance: Assist in maintaining the church campus exterior and interior. Everything from mowing the lawn, light maintenance, to special projects. Will work as part of the Facilities Projects Team.
Length of commitment for internship: Ten weeks from May 20 until August 12. (Dates can be flexible with school schedule, or adjusted as needed)